Friday, February 14, 2014

Nourish!!!

This week was all about Nourishing your body!!!!! I really truly enjoyed this week. I learned some new recipes and tried going raw for a whole day, which by the way is not as hard as I thought it would be.  We as a family have actually been trying to eat healthier, or more like my husband and I have been trying and the kids well they just have to go along with it because they have no other option.  Luckily the kids are not too picky when it comes to foods, they like veggies and just about love any fruit I offer them.  What I like most about this week challenges was just learning different and new recipes to try.
 To recap what I did this week,  Day 1 Meatless Monday!!! I had to go vegetarian for the day. This was not too hard as we don't eat meat too often anymore. We try to stick to more of a plant based diet and occasionally eat meat maybe like twice a week and mainly fish.  I had cereal for breakfast and for lunch a cucumber and tomato sandwich, then for dinner I made us veggie burritos.  My kids love when I make them burritos. I cooked the beans from a bag too. I always cook my own beans its cheaper and I know my family isn't getting tons of salt and preservatives.
         Day 2 Take Your Lunch to Work Day!!! Well since I don't work I am a Stay At HOme Mom, I just chose to make my lunch before hand so that it would be ready for me after my workout at the gym. I made this very yummy Quinoa fried rice.  http://www.movenourishbelieve.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/quinoa_04.jpg   er
Day 3 Journal Your Food!!! I Journal my food intake for the day!!! I had Rasin bran for breakfast with and apple and almond milk.  Snacked on some almonds through out the day handful between meals. Lunch I had leftover Quinoa Fried rice and a veggie salad Then dinner I had spagatti and salad with my kids
Day 4 Smoothie Day!!!! My kids love smoothies I almost always make one after we get home from the gym. Today I decided to try something new I had bought some mango chunks at the store and combined that with some acai juice, almond milk, a frozen banana. It was super. It didn't look very pretty, kinda had a light brown color to it but tasted really good. The kids loved it too.
Day 5 RAW FRIDAY!!! I honestly thought going raw for a whole day would be really really hard, but it was awesome I might do it once a week.  I made cold oats the night before for breakfast with almonds and raspberries. For lunch and dinner I my really big veggie salad with cucumber and tomatoes and broccoli and squash and of course lettuce.  We I found my self hungry I made smoothie for snack and carrot stick and celery with peanut butter were awesome.
Well I hope you enjoy reading my adventure and try something new you might just love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment